Navigating Social Media
Employees need to understand the risks
Perhaps you already have your social media mavens—employees trained to handle the company's social media pages—and you're already managing the legal and regulatory issues with those pages.
But what about your general employee population? —They're using social media all the time, both at work and at home:
- Do they ever mention your company, your products, their own work?
- Do they understand how your company's policies apply to social media, the constraints on what they may post?
- Do they understand the risks?
- What guidelines do they need?
New eLearning program
Navigating Social Media is a new eLearning program that promotes caution and careful thought among your employees. Citing recent incidents involving employee postings on the Internet, this program emphasizes to employees the risks inherent in discussing in social media the company, its products, or their own work. In the process, the program—
- dispels illusions about the impermanence, privacy, or anonymity of such postings;
- catalogues the principal policy concerns and business risks;
- gives employees ten specific guidelines for steering clear of trouble.